6D ATR-1Y Macro Titanium Kids Helmet
SAFETY ABOVE ALL ELSE
The ATR-1Y is the only premium helmet designed specifically for youth riders and is the ideal choice for MX or BMX competition. Incorporating all of the amazing benefits of 6D’s revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension technology, this helmet has no equal. The ATR-1Y is designed with softer multi-density EPS materials, and softer isolation dampers that offer superior protection to the child’s still-developing brain and skull. The helmet is smaller, lighter, and more compliant than the adult helmet, and is certified to both DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE 2205 standards.
A true breakthrough in helmet technology, the 6D ATR-1 off-road helmet incorporates revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension ( ODS ) technology which is a patented kinetic energy management solution. We haven't seen anything like this before, but preliminary results show a dramatic reduction in low-threshold engery transfer for 6D Helmets. ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy, particularly low-threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and second impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
WE DIDN'T JUST IMPROVE THE HELMET, WE REINVENTED IT
The improved performance of 6D’s exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet’s protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards. The ATR-1's exclusive Air Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through 6D Helmets is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports combined with chin bar vent openings channel cool air into the ATR-1’s air gap flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet. Comes complete with 6D padded helmet carry bag.
- PATENTED ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- SHELL – A proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar
- NEW PC HALO – Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- AIR FLOW MANAGEMENT – 4 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, and 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- REAR DELTA-VENT – Aids heat transfer by scavenging air.
- COMFORT LINER – Genuine CoolMax™anti-bacterial fabric
- EMERGENCY RELEASE CHEEK PADS
- SHEAR-AWAY VISOR SCREWS
- ROOST GUARD – Provides additional face protection
- CLAVICAL CUT-AWAY – Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- STERNUM PAD – Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- EXCEEDS ECE, DOT, and AC standards.
- WEIGHT: +/- 1,290 grams.
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- CRASH REPLACEMENT / REBUILD PROGRAM
- Deluxe helmet bag NOT included
THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by 27 elastic isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Uncouples the impact force at the outer shell from the riders head
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Significantly reduces Linear Accelerations
- Mitigates Angular Acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Delivers progressive ‘ride-down’ for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Self re-centering alignment when the impact load is removed
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers